Soon Metchosin residents may roll up their sleeves to receive their annual flu shot and the Covid bivalent booster right here in our community.
*NO APPOINTMENT NECESSARY*
The following are helpful tips:
- Please bring your BC Services Card with your Personal Health Number.
- You will no longer need to complete a paper consent & registration form. Your consent is implied when you arrive and your health card information will be registered online by our volunteers.
- Please park in the lot adjacent to the Metchosin School Museum. Parking for those with mobility issues will be available adjacent to the ramped entrance on the west side of the school building.
- Please enter the Clinic through the gym doors on the west side of the school. Those with mobility challenges may enter at the ramped entrance.
- Please do not come to the Clinic if you are feeling unwell.
- To protect yourself and others please wear a mask.
- If you need a ride to the Clinic, please call the Seniors’ Resource Centre, 250-478-5150.
- The flu vaccine will be administered to those two years of age and older.
- The Covid bivalent vaccine will be available for those 18 years of age and older. Please note that there will be a limited supply of the Covid bivalent vaccines available. The Clinic is primarily a Flu Clinic.
- It is recommended that people allow three months between Covid boosters.
The clinic is made possible through a collaboration of Chief Stephanie Dunlop of the Metchosin Fire Department, Pharmacist Mohamed Zeid of Sooke Pharmasave, Jeanette McMillan of Immunize Now, the Metchosin Seniors’ Association, and many wonderful volunteers.
If you have any questions about vaccines, please contact your health care provider, your local pharmacy, or West Shore Community Health, 250-519-3490. For questions about the clinic, please email or call the Seniors’ Resource Centre at 250-478-5150.