Are you energetic and enthusiastic about working with seniors? Are you a good networker able to forge partnerships with local groups and organizations? We are hiring a Program Assistant who will report to the SRC Coordinator and work with a committee of volunteers to run a Seniors’ Centre Without Walls pilot project. It will offer free phone-based and video-based events and activities for seniors to take part in safely from the comfort of home.
- Intake and registration of participants
- Outreach with participants in need of assistance and /or additional information
- Assist with the development of new program topics and materials
- Administrative support for the program including mail/email out of packages and maintaining participant records
- Facilitate telephone and video- based programming for small groups of seniors including fostering conversations and assisting guest speakers
- Performing other duties as required
Competence and Behaviours:
- Experience in general administrative duties including data collection, preparing routine correspondence and general office procedures
- Computer skills, including Microsoft Office, video conferencing platforms
- Excellent interpersonal and public relations skills
This contract position is up to 5 hours per week from June 2021 to March 2022 at $18/hr with flexible hours. Submit resumes to firstname.lastname@example.org by May 15.
Funded through a United Way Healthy Aging grant.